Cold and wintry conditions can cause misery. The cold air can make it more difficult to breathe, and minor ailments like sore throats, bad coughs, colds and flu are more common during the winter months.
If you’re over 60 and feeling under the weather, tell your friends, family or carer as soon as possible, and get advice from your local pharmacist before it gets worse.
Your local pharmacist can:
- Give you expert advice to help prevent conditions such as a bad cough, trouble breathing, cold, or a sore throat from getting worse
- Help you manage a long term condition, if you have one
- Offer longer opening hours than your GP surgery and see you without an appointment
- Provide a consultation area to speak privately so other people can’t hear
- Tell you if you need to see your GP.