The practice was established in 1875 by Dr J.J. Ridge, who later became the first Medical Officer of Health for Enfield. It has now developed into a partnership of six doctors, looking after approximately 12,500 patients with the support of a comprehensive Primary Health Care Team. There have been four generations of Dr Ridge working at the practice.
The present purpose-built premises were opened in 1965 and have been enlarged and improved a number of times. We endeavour to provide a family-based service with an emphasis on continuity of care, and have a particular interest in preventative medicine, delivered by a team approach with other health care professionals.
We are unable to offer patient parking in our small car park, which is for doctors and emergency vehicle use only. However, there is ample, free parking along Tenniswood Road.
We are a Teaching Practice and have medical students, trainee doctors and registrars working with us on a regular basis. We also participate in Medical Research Council work.