Below are listed some excellent websites. Where the information provided by the website is not obvious from the link, we have listed what the website is about:
General Medical Advice
- Great Ormond Street Hospital – General health advice for your family
- NHS Vaccination Schedule Advice
- Baby Centre – Lots of information on getting pregnant, being pregnant & coping with parenthood.
- High Fever in Children – Patient.co.uk
- British Association of Urological Surgeons – Advice from the British association of Urologists on most urinary, prostate and some genital problems.
- Menopause Matters – Professional advice about menopause.
- Contraception Help – fpa.org.uk
- Download the “Emma’s Diary” app for ipads – Information on pregnancy.
- Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists – General Patient Information
- Maternity Services Self Referral Form – Barnet General – This link allows you to refer yourself to barnet general, as soon as you know you are pregnant.
- Maternity Services Referral Form – North Middlesex Hospital – This links allows you to refer to north Middlesex hospital as soon as you know you are pregnant.
- Advice for newly pregnant mums – Information sheet that gives you a few top
tips for your pregnancy.
- NCT Charity – Advice on pregnancy, birth and antenatal lessons.
- NCT Charity Miscarriage Support
- Human Fertilisation & Embryology Authority – Advice on infertility
- Breastfeeding Support Group – Advice on Breastfeeding
- Anxiety UK – Help & Support for those affected byanxiety disorders.
- Anxiety Alliance – Dedicated to helping and supporting those suffering from anxiety.
- Mood Gym – Learn cognitive behaviour therapy skills for preventing and coping with depression.
- Relate – For those having relationship difficulties & are considering counselling.
- National Autistic Society
- Royal College of Psychiatrists – Health Advice.
- Alzheimer’s Society – Useful Publications.
- Mind in Enfield – Local counselling.
- Cruse – Advice on bereavement.
- Rephael House Counselling Centre – Counselling and support for those who have lost a child.
- NHS Barnet, Enfield & Haringey: Patients and Carers – General advice on local services for mental health patients and emergency contacts.
- Young Minds – Counselling for children and young adults.
- Compass UK – Support for those suffering with alcohol and drugs.
- Victim Support – Support for those who have been victim of a crime or abuse.
- Alcoholics Anonymous – A service for both men and women to share their experiences and support each other through alcohol based issues.
- Connect Ed – Therapeutic services for children and families.
- NHS Cancer Screening Programmes
- Dying Matters – Advice on issues to consider when a loved one or you know you are dying.
- Anthony Nolan – Advice on blood disorders and cancers.
- British Lung Foundation: COPD
- British Lung Foundation – Advice on all common lung conditions
Heart Disease, Diabetes & Stroke
- Bristish Heart Foundation
- Patient.co.uk: High Blood Pressure – Hypertension
- British Heart Foundation: High Cholesterol
- Arthritis Research UK: Back Pain – Advice on managing back pain
- Arthritis Research UK: Common Joint Pain – Advice on common joint problems eg knee, shoulder
- ENT UK – Patient Leaflets
Dermatology (Skin Conditions)
Hospitals and Local Specialist Clinics
- North Middlesex University Hospital
- Barnet & Chase Farm Hospitals
- Moorfields Eye Hospital
- Eastman Dental Hospital
- Enfield Clinics Health Organisation – offers integrated sexual health services for everyone in Enfield, whatever your age, gender, culture or sexuality
- The Town Clinic: Family Planning & Sexual Health – local sexual health an family planning clinic